Railway / To Himeji Station
JR Shinkansen (bullet train) lines: Approx. 30 min from Shin-Osaka
Approx. 20 min from Okayama
JR conventional lines: (by gshin-kaisokuh Special Rapid Service train)
Approx. 1h, 25 min from Kyoto
Approx. 1h from Osaka
Approx. 40 min from Kobe/Sannomiya
(via gfutsuh local train)
Approx. 1h, 25 min from Okayama
Sanyo Electric Railway: (via gchokutsu-tokkyuh limited express train)
Approx. 1h, 30 min from Hanshin-Umeda
Approx. 1h from Sannomiya
From Himeji Station
(The Museum is adjacent to the east side of Himeji Castle.)
- Approx. 20 min walk from JR/Sanyo Himeji Station
- Approx. 6 min ride on Shinki Bus (No. 3, 4, 61, 62, 64, 81). Get off at gHimeyamakoen-minami iryo-center bijutsukan maeh stop.
- Himeji Castle Loop Bus: Operates daily, \100 (From December to FebruarycOperates only on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays)
CarcDrive with Himeji Castle as destination
- Enter from Chugoku Expressway Fukusaki IC to Bantan-renraku Expressway; exit at Tohori Ramp. Drive approx. 15 min.
- Exit at Himeji-higashi/Himeji-nishi IC of Sanyo Expressway. Drive approx. 15 min.
- Hanshin Expressway-Kakogawa Bypass-Himeji Bypass. Exit at Himeji-minami Ramp. Drive approx. 15 min.
* Parking is not available at the Museum site. Use Himeyama Parking or other toll parking lots.